Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God: holy, sovereign, infinitely perfect, eternally existing in three persons—the everlasting Father, His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, and the Holy Spirit, the giver of life; and we believe that God created the heavens and the earth out of nothing by his spoken word, and for His own glory.
- We believe that God has revealed Himself and His truth in the created order, in the Scriptures, and supremely in Jesus Christ; and that the Bible, containing the 39 books of the Old Testament and the 27 books of the New Testament, is the Word of God, verbally and plenarily inspired by God; and that the Bible is fully trustworthy and of supreme and final authority in all that it teaches.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was true God and true man, existing in one person and without sin; and we believe He was crucified, died and rose bodily from the dead. We believe He ascended into heaven, and in His present life is there for us as Lord of all, High Priest, and Advocate.
- We believe that God created the historical parents of the entire human race, Adam and Eve; and that they were created in His own image and for His glory, distinct from all other living creatures, and in an original state of innocence. He created them immutably male and female, as determined by gender assigned at conception.
- We believe that our first parents sinned by rebelling against God’s revealed will and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death, and that as a result all human beings are born with a sinful nature that leads them to sin in thought, word and deed.
- We believe God intends marriage to be the life-long union of one man and one woman (as determined by gender assigned at conception), having been instituted and defined by God at creation and the same affirmed by Jesus. Marriage exists for the purposes of companionship, sexual intimacy, procreation, and to display the glory of God and the love that exists between Him and His people. Therefore, God blesses sexual intimacy between husband and wife within the context of covenant marriage and condemns all other expressions of sexual union falling outside the bounds of covenant marriage.
- We believe in the existence of Satan, sin and evil powers, and that all these have been defeated by God in the cross of Christ. Satan actively continues his work in the world as the prince of the power of the air.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, triumphing over all evil; and that all who believe in Him are justified by His shed blood and forgiven of all their sins.
- We believe that all who receive the gift of eternal salvation provided only through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, are made children of God, and as members of His body, the Church, are enabled to offer spiritual worship acceptable to God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells and gives life to believers, enables them to understand the Scriptures, empowers and fills them for godly living, and equips them for ministry.
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ and is composed of all those who trust in Jesus Christ. The Church’s task in this world is to be God’s redeemed community, proclaiming the gospel of God’s redemptive love through our Lord Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth by both word and deed.
- We believe in the blessed hope that Jesus Christ will return to this earth, personally, visibly, and imminently, in power and great glory, to gather His elect, to raise the dead, to judge the nations and to bring His kingdom to fulfillment.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all mankind: for those who reject God’s gift of salvation through Jesus Christ, there is eternal conscious punishment. And for those who repent and receive Jesus Christ as their Savior, the sole provision for the forgiveness of their sins, there is everlasting life and fellowship with God.
: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/12/d156197133/htdocs/hcc_risen/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php
on line 405